Ramsey, NJ – November 14, 2015 – Flight Centre Travel Group, Americas, had more than 700 clients across its brands in Paris at the time of the attacks. Brands including Liberty Travel, GOGO Vacations, Worldwide Traveler, Corporate Traveler, FCm Travel Solutions and Travel Associates all have 24/7 teams in place, 365 days a year (see full list of brands below). The teams sprang into action and took the following actions:
- At 3:00 am EST (9:00 am in Paris), the team began calling each and every customer who was in Paris. For those who they could not reach, they left a number where the 24/7 team could be reached, as well as a local ground handler and the emergency hotline provided by the City of Paris. In the event they were unable to speak with clients directly, individual hotels were called to see if those guests had been accounted for.
- A centralized system was put in place to record and update the status of all Parisian travelers; this includes contact info, their whereabouts, most recent time they communicated with the team and more.
- Return flight arrangements for those who want to return home are being facilitated by the 24/7 team.
- Emails were sent to all travel agents (booked via GOGO Vacations) who have clients in Paris offering assistance and critical numbers/information to pass along to travelers.
- The corporate brands and its “Secure” product offering is designed specifically to manage situations such as this; they reacted immediately and performed accordingly.
Flight Centre, Americas, sends its deepest sympathies to the people of Paris in the wake of this terrible tragedy. We stand behind France and are here to support our many partners here in the days to come.
Flight Centre, Americas, brands include Liberty Travel, GOGO Vacations, Worldwide Traveler, FCm Travel Solutions, Corporate Traveler, ciEvents, Stage and Screen Travel Services, Travel Associates, 4th Dimension Business Travel Consulting, Campus Travel, and Flight Center.